Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update On Wool Quilt ~ Possibly Amish?

Visit The Gatherings, to see all of the beautiful antique and vintage textiles I have ~ antique clothing, hats, accessories, children's clothing, vintage bed and table linens, antique children's toys, vintage sewing notions, quilts and so much more!

Subscribe to The Gatherings Antique Vintage by Email

I have been doing further research on the wool quilt posted in my previous writing. I have a strong conviction it could possibly be Amish although no hard data to support this at the moment. Reading and looking at photos of Amish quilts I tend to find mine does have a similarity. Certainly with it dark and bold graphics it leans very much towards an Amish quilt. Still, more research needs to be done. Thought, too, I would post a photo of the back of this quilt ~ a wonderful brown calico.

In this photo you can also see the black wool braid used to edge the quilt.

If anyone has any thoughts please leave me a comment.

No comments: