Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Early 1900's Child's Blue Calico Dress ~ Country Style

Visit The Gatherings, to see all of the beautiful antique and vintage textiles I have ~ antique clothing, hats, accessories, children's clothing, vintage bed and table linens, antique children's toys, vintage sewing notions, quilts and so much more!

Subscribe to The Gatherings Antique Vintage by Email

True Blue ~ that Country look so many collectors decorating in the Country style yearn to have. This child's little calico dress from the late 1890's or early 1900's, I am sure would make many heart take a tumble!

During the 1990's I was a member of highly successful Country shop selling many early textiles including quilts, calico clothing & other well-loved textiles. It was a wonderful learning experience for me and my love of cloth was taken several steps further. I learned it doesn't have to be perfect to be well loved. I soon appreciated the mends, fades & a "little ragged around the edge look" that so many country folks find endearing and eager to add to their collections. So I began to seek out these well-loved clothing pieces from the past. Each time I acquire a piece it is a connection with the past. Always there are so many questions with most left unanswered.

This is a sweet little dress and probably worn by siblings as it does show repeated washings & wearings with the fading of the fabric.

Blue is also a highly contagious Country color!

Want to know more details about this little dress? And yes, it is for sale. Visit The Gatherings Antique Vintage

No comments: